The Emergency Medical Assistance Team (EMAT) is a group of CanTF2 Physicians and Advanced Care Paramedics who use specialized training to deploy a wide range of medical equipment in support of emergency incidents or planned events.
With the capacity to set up a First Aid post, Advanced Life Support medical tent, or our 53 foot tractor-trailer Mobile Field Clinic, our EMAT team provides the highest level of care available in the field.
Specialized equipment includes:
- 18' x 35' Medical Tent including; triage, minor treatment, and emergency care areas and equipment
- Mobile Clinic trailer (53' double-decker tractor-trailer unit) including; indoor office area, washroom, and 1600 square feet of fully enclosed awning space
- Portable Oxygen Generator, providing direct patient oxygen and cylinder re-filling capacity
Our EMAT Physicians and Paramedics are trained to work within disaster zones and have special training to treat many of the complex conditions found during disaster rescue situations, such as:
- Crush Injuries (structural collapse);
- Suspension Syndrome (rope rescue);
- Blast Injuries (terrorism and accidental causes); and
- Chemical/Biological/Radiological/Nuclear Exposure (HAZMAT)