The Communications Specialist is responsible for setting up and managing the communications and data systems of the Task Force during operations. The Communications Specialist reports to the Logistics Chief.
The duties of the Communications Specialist are:
- Assess overall needs; and develop the Task Force communications plan;
- Assess and implement data capabilities for the Task Force;
- Frequency management; installation, operation and maintenance of the Task Force communications and data systems day to day and during operations;
- Coordinate communications with other appropriate entities;
- Maintain appropriate records and reports;
- Maintain and account for all communication related equipment;
- Performing additional tasks or duties as assigned.
- Strong background in electronics;
- Ability to construct a standalone network of communication, inclusive of phones, data transfer, and radio;
- In-depth knowledge of computers and programs associated with communications;
- Possess knowledge and expertise to operate and control a multi-person dispatch system;
- Ability to make minor repairs to electronic equipment in the field;
- Ability to work within a stressful and challenging environment;
- Must be able to deploy by ground or air (fixed and rotary wing);
- Must be able to manage a group of individuals.
- A background in communications in the military and or emergency services.
- A proven track record in the management of people.
- NFPA or equivalent training in any of the following courses:
- Confined Space Rescue
- Structural Collapse Technician
- Rope Rescue
- Swift Water Rescue
- Trench Rescue
- Fire Officer
- Safety Officer
- Critical Incident Stress
- Hazardous Material Training;
- Official Training in Incident command (ICS 100, ICS 200 etc...)
- Previous experience in data collection, documentation, and report writing within an emergency service.
- Previous corporate and or private security experience.