SPECIALIST, HEAVY EQUIPMENT
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for the operation of any heavy equipment needed by the Task Force during an incident. The heavy equipment utilized could be, but not limited to cranes, excavators, backhoes, bobcats, etc. The Heavy Equipment Specialist reports to the Planning and or Operations chief dependant on their assignment.
The duties of the Heavy Equipment Operator are:
- Support search and rescue teams with heavy equipment, as directed by the Support Team Manager;
- Responsible for driving the Class 1 level tractor trailer units
- Support Logistics Chief, as directed in initial set up of encampment;
- Maintain and undertake minor repairs for all issued equipment;
- Perform additional tasks or duties as assigned.
- Experienced Heavy Equipment Operator;
- Knowledge and understanding of underground services and utilities;
- Knowledge and understanding of building construction both heavy and light frame;
- Operator experienced in demolition and or industrial/domestic cleanup;
- Experience and knowledge with the following:
- Must be able to deploy by ground or air (fixed and rotary wing).
- NFPA or equivalent training in any of the following courses:
- Confined Space Rescue
- Structural Collapse
- Rope Rescue
- Swift Water Rescue
- Trench Rescue
- Fire Officer
- Safety Officer
- Critical Incident Stress
- Hazardous Material Training;
- Experience with Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus;
- Previous experience in an emergency service.