SPECIALIST, TECHNICAL INFO
The Technical Information Specialist is responsible for documenting, tracking and retrieving all pertinent information for the Task Force during incident operations. The Technical Information Specialist reports to the Planning Chief.
The duties of the Technical Information Specialist are:
- Fully documenting activities of the Task Force during an assigned mission for onsite and post-incident analysis, historical documentation and post-event critiques, lessons learned and training;
- Tracking all pertinent Task Force personnel information, work schedules and equipment inventory status;
- Compiling and producing Task Force meeting agendas, work schedules, tactical assignments, etc. from information provided by Task Force management personnel and reproducing same for distribution;
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of technical writing;
- Understand the language and terminology surrounding USAR;
- Ability to do ongoing procedural documentation;
- Understand and have knowledge of the analysis of emergency/disaster operations;
- Working knowledge of computers and the programs utilized, such as: word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software;
- Knowledge of and practical ability in the operation and use of various visual media including, but not limited to, video recorders, audio recorders and still photography;
- Must be able to deploy by ground or air (fixed and rotary wing).
- Previous experience in data collection, documentation, and report writing within an emergency service;
- NFPA or equivalent training in any of the following courses:
- Confined Space Rescue
- Rope Rescue
- Swift Water Rescue
- Trench Rescue
- Fire Officer
- Safety Officer
- Critical Incident Stress
- Hazardous Material Training;
- Official training in Incident Command System (ICS 100, ICS 200 etc...);
- Ability to multitask and work in an environment with many distractions.