MEMBER, LOGISTICS TEAM
A Logistics Specialist is responsible for performing the logistical functions of the team's incident operation. The Logistics Specialist reports directly to the Logistics Chief. This individual must meet all the general requirements for members of CANTF2 (refer to General Requirements section).
The duties of the Logistics Specialist are:
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment cache in an appropriate state of readiness for immediate deployment;
- Responsible for coordination with military and civilian transport officials for all cache logistics;
- Responsible for the cache, its maintenance, tracking and deployment/demobilization during all assignments;
- Coordination with Finance for the procurement of non-cacheable items, either during the mobilization phase or onsite, as appropriate;
- Responsible for the setup and take down of CANTF2 encampment;
- Responsible for the determination of the logistical needs of the whole team as it relates to encampment, sanitation, communications, and food;
- Ability to work closely with the Rear Party Team in organizing the teams needs;
- Responsible for the security and accountability of all components of the team’s equipment cache;
- Perform additional tasks or duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic construction types, materials and methods;
- Ability to work within a group under the incident command structure;
- Must have sufficient skills to develop a written or verbal report on the Logistic team's progress or outcome;
- Must be able to deploy by ground or air (fixed and rotary wing).
- Official training in Incident Command System (ICS 100, ICS 200 etc..);
- NFPA or equivalent training in any of the following courses:
- Confined Space Rescue
- Structural Collapse Technician
- Rope Rescue
- Swift Water Rescue
- Trench Rescue
- Fire Officer
- Safety Officer
- Critical Incident Stress
- Hazardous Material Training;
- Previous experience in the use of a SCBA/SABA;
- Previous logistical experience in emergency response or military.