MEMBER, REAR PARTY
The Rear Party is responsible for all home based logistical needs of the team and information transfer to Calgary Fire Department and STARS during a deployment. The Rear Party reports to the Logistics Chief. This individual must meet all the general requirements for members of CANTF2 (refer to General Requirements section).
The duties of the Rear Party are:
- Establish appropriate liaison with other internal/external agencies/organizations and officials around home base;
- Work with the Logistics Chief to develop the logistical plan
- Coordinate purchasing and securing of goods and services for the deployed team;
- Along with the Logistics Chief, responsible for the cache, and its maintenance, tracking, deployment/demobilization;
- Aid in the dispersal of information to the appropriate authorities during a deployment;
- Ability to work closely with the deployed team in addressing needs;
- Receive briefing and situation reports, and ensure the Logistics Chief is informed;
- Oversee website updates as it pertains to the family portal during deployments;
- Provide situation reports, maintain records and reports, and prepare Briefing Documents as required.
- Performing additional tasks or duties as assigned.
- Previous Project Manager experience;
- Must have sufficient skills to develop a written or verbal report on the Rear Party Team's progress or outcome;
- Perform additional tasks or duties, as assigned, for the duration of the incident.
- Official training in Incident Command System (ICS 100, ICS 200 etc.)
- In depth knowledge of computer based office programs
- Understanding of web based applications
- Knowledge and understanding of municipal purchasing
- Knowledge and understanding of rescue equipment and tools
- Loadmaster certification for ground and air
- TDG certification land and air
- Previous experience as a Project Planner, Load Master, Logistics Person